Microsoft Customer Agreement Acceptance in Logicom Cloud Marketplace
On January 31st 2020, the Microsoft Customer Agreement (MCA) acceptance requirement will come into effect for all partners in the Microsoft CSP program.
Microsoft introduced the Microsoft Customer Agreement to the CSP program to replace the Microsoft Cloud Agreement. This new, non-expiring agreement will replace the current Microsoft Cloud Agreement for all new and existing CSP customers. This new simplified agreement lets customers to make purchases across all Azure channels and allows products and services to be added as needed.
The above announcement affects the Logicom Cloud Marketplace operations and our partners’ contractual agreements as well. All our partners are now responsible to collect the acceptance in text form directly from their end customers and to confirm the acceptance by following the relevant procedure on Logicom Cloud Marketplace. It is not allowed for partners to accept the MCA on behalf of the end customer.
Logicom has developed MCA acceptance procedures with full automation to ensure the process is as simple as possible for you. Additionally, you, as a partner, you will need to review and accept the revised Logicom Reseller Agreement on the marketplace where this responsibility is specified.
- After the transition period (until January 31, 2020) partners will be required to direct their customers to accept the Microsoft Customer Agreement for all purchases, including subscription renewals, in CSP
- Partners are required to monitor whether Microsoft is making changes to the MCA and require the end customer to accept those changes. In such a case, partners are obliged to obtain the acceptance from the end customer and document the acceptance
- Please make sure you select your applicable region while viewing the agreement on the Agreement webpage
- A new end customer creates a new order
- Existing end customer creates a new order
- Changed seat count of existing subscriptions
- First name
- Last name
- Phone (optional)
- Date of acceptance
Reseller is required to obtain the acceptance from the Customer prior to the order or modification for each new order or modification of an existing subscription for Microsoft CSP products (“order or modification”) distributed via Logicom Cloud Marketplace. If Microsoft updates the MCA then the reseller shall be obliged to obtain the MCA acceptance from the Customer at or before renewal of their subscription.
You, as a CSP reseller, are in charge of collecting your end customer’s MCA acceptance in text form. The person accepting the MCA should be the authorized representative of the company. It is possible to:
- Collect the signed documents via mail or scanned pdf
- Write an email to the end customer with the MCA attached and ask for a reply with confirmation. If you wish to use our email template, please click here
- Use Docusign or any other eSignature tool
It also recommended that you add the MCA to your general end customer contract terms to ensure you have proof in text form.
Logicom has developed MCA acceptance procedures with full automation to ensure the process is as simple as possible for you.
- Navigate to Customer Organization Tenant and click the button “Confirm MCA Acceptance”
- Add the authorized representative’s data and click OK
- See status on tenant level