WordPress on Cloud
WordPress is the famous state-of-the-art publishing platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards and usability. In this solution we will host it using Azure Web App.
Azure Web Apps is a service for hosting web applications, REST APIs, and mobile back ends. You can develop in your favorite language, be it .NET, .NET Core, Java, Ruby, Node.js, PHP, or Python. You can run and scale apps with ease on Windows or Linux VMs.
The Azure Marketplace provides an extremely easy method of deploying a full WordPress hosting environment in the cloud.
Solution Characteristics and Business Benefits
Solution Reference Architecture
Solutions Component Details
This solution consists of the following Azure resources:
More information on resources
What is Azure Web App?
Azure Web App is a service for hosting web applications, REST APIs, and mobile back ends. You can develop in your favorite language, be it .NET, .NET Core, Java, Ruby, Node.js, PHP, or Python. You can run and scale apps with ease on Windows or Linux VMs.
Azure Web App adds the power of Microsoft Azure to your application, such as security, load balancing, auto-scaling, and automated management.
Why use Azure Web App?
- Multiple languages and frameworks
- Global scale with high availability
- Connections to SaaS platforms & on-premises data
- Security and compliance
- Application templates
- Visual Studio integration
- Serverless code
- New version deploy with no downtime
What is Azure MySQL?
Azure Database for MySQL is a relational database service based on the open source MySQL Server engine. It is a fully managed database as a service offering capable of handing mission-critical workload with predictable performance and dynamic scalability.
Develop applications with Azure Database for MySQL leveraging the open source tools and platform of your choice.
Why use Azure MySQL?
- Built-in high availability with no additional cost
- Predictable performance, using inclusive pay-as-you-go pricing
- Scale on the fly within seconds
- Secured to protect sensitive data at-rest and in-motion
- Automatic backups and point-in-time-restore for up to 35 days
- Enterprise-grade security and compliance
What is Azure Application Insights?
Application Insights is an extensible Application Performance Management (APM) service for web developers building and managing apps on multiple platforms. It includes powerful analytics tools to help you diagnose issues and to understand what users actually do with your application.
It’s designed to help you continuously improve performance and usability. It works for apps on a wide variety of platforms including .NET, Node.js and J2EE, hosted on-premises or in the cloud.
Why use Azure Application Insights?
Application Insights is aimed at the development team, to help you understand how your app is performing and how it’s being used. It can monitor:
- Request rates, response times, and failure rates
- Dependency rates, response times, and failure rates
- Page views and load performance
- AJAX calls
- User and session counts
- Performance counters
- Host diagnostics
- Diagnostic trace logs
- Custom events and metrics
Solutions Implementation Steps and references
- Create Resource Group
- Provision WordPress on Windows from Azure Marketplace
- Provision WordPress on Linux
- Monitor WordPress Web App performance using Application Insights
Solution Reference Sizing
This solutiom has the following cost factors:
Indicative configuration and pricing summary:
*All prices shown are in Euro (€). This is a summary estimate, not a quote. For up to date pricing information please contact your local Logicom team.