Business Continuity & Resiliency on Cloud
Site Recovery refers to Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery. It is essential for organizations to figure out how to keep their data safe and apps/workloads running when planned and unplanned outages occur.
Azure Site Recovery contributes to Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery strategy, by orchestrating and automating replication of Azure VMs between regions, on-premises virtual machines and physical servers to Azure, and on-premises machines to a secondary datacenter.
Solution Characteristics and Business Benefits
Solution Reference Architecture
Solutions Component Details
This solution consists of the following Azure resources:
- Resource Group: A logical container for a collection of resources that can be treated as one logical instance. You can use resource groups to control all of their members collectively
- Virtual network: A logically isolated network in Microsoft Azure
- Storage Account: Microsoft Azure cloud storage to store the protected data
- Backup & Site Recovery (OMS): Azure resource for site recovery
- Configuration Server: Deployed on premise for VMWare VMs and Physical servers.
- Optional Network solutions for Site to Site connection if needed
Solutions Implementation Steps and references
- Create Resource Group
- Replicating VMware VMs to Azure Step-By-Step Guide
- Replicating Hyper-V MVs to Azure Step-by-Step Guide
- Replicating Physical Servers to Azure Step-by-Step Guide
5. Create Azure Site-2-Site VPN Step-by-Step Guide
Solution Reference Sizing
This solution has the following cost factors:
Note: The cost of the VMs is not included because they only get created after the failover.
Indicative configuration and pricing summary:
*All prices shown are in Euro (€). This is a summary estimate, not a quote. For up to date pricing information please contact your local Logicom team.