SMB Server with Backup on Cloud
Azure Virtual Machines are the main compute power resource that represents the Microsoft Azure Infrastructure as a Service model. Azure Virtual machine is one of several types of on-demand, scalable computing resources that Azure offers. Typically, you choose a VM when you need more control over the computing environment than the other choices offer.
In this solution we combine the Azure SMB server with the Cloud backup to back up (or protect) and restore your VM in the Microsoft cloud.
Solution Characteristics and Business Benefits
Solution Reference Architecture
Solutions Component Details
This solution consists of the following Azure resources
Solutions Implementation Steps and references
1. Create Resource Group
2. Create a VM from the Azure Portal (Windows/Linux)
3. Backup VM
4. Create Azure Site-2-Site VPN Step-by-Step Guide
5. You can use VSS to create Windows VMs Application Consistent backups
6. You can use scripts to create Linux VMs Application Consistent backups
Solution Reference Sizing
This solution has the following cost factors:
- With existing Windows licenses with Software Assurance you are granted up to 40% discount on Azure VMs (up to 2 VMs, up to 16 Cores) (Details)
- By shutting down (deallocating) VMs during non-working hours’ costs can be greatly reduced
Indicative configuration and pricing summary:
*All prices shown are in Euro (€). This is a summary estimate, not a quote. For up to date pricing information please contact your local Logicom team.